We're excited to have you join Mountain View Little League for the 2023 spring season!
If you've already registered, the next step is to sign up for evaluations. All players registered for the Minors and Majors divisions are required to participate in evaluations to be placed on a team. All players who participate will be selected to a team. Tee Ball players do not attend evaluations.
Evaluation Dates and Times
Thursday, January 26 from 5:30-7pm Minors ages 7-11 (limited spots)
Thursday, January 26 from 6:30-8pm Majors ages 10-12 (limited spots)
Saturday, January 28 from 8:30-10am Minors ages 7-8
Saturday, January 28 from 9:30-11am Minors ages 9-11
Saturday, January 28 from 10:30am-12pm Minors ages 10-12
Why are evaluations required?
Evaluations help ensure each Minor and Major player is placed in the division and team that provides the safest and most enjoyable baseball experience possible.
What are the evaluation drills?
Each player will complete the following drills during their 90-minute evaluation:
• Outfield: Receive 3 fly balls, make a play, and throw to second base.
• Infield: Receive 3 ground balls, make a play, and throw to first base.
• Run: Run from home plate through first base - make sure to touch base and not slowing down.
• Hit: Receive 5 adult pitches for 5 swing chances.
• Pitch (optional, but encouraged): Throw 3-5 pitches to catcher.
• Catch (optional): Catch 3 pitches, throw 3 more catches to second, and catch for 3 batters.
What should I bring?
Wear baseball attire and bring your own cleats, helmet, mitt, glove and bat.
When will teams be announced?
Teams will be announced the week of February 6 and practices start the week of February 13. Reminder: Birth certificates and either school enrollment form or (3) address verification documents must be uploaded to your mvllbaseball.com account in advance of placement.
Can I volunteer?
YES! We are 100% run by incredible volunteers and we need team parents, concession volunteers and more. Please click here to become a volunteer.